"The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world."

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

2 November 2010

I'm back! Crazy fun stuff has been happening around here, and blogging, as always, has suffered. Yesterday my bright girl turned 4 and a half! I'm a big fan of half bdays. So here's the rundown for yesterday. I don't expect it to be pretty. I'm in some sort of weird emotional time warp this week.

1. Have we done something to strengthen their minds / intellect?
Monday night wasn't our first frost but it was the first that was both heavy enough and we were outside early enough to observe. Licking frost off of the play house just counts as extra sensory interaction right? ;)

2. Have we done something to strength their sprit / faith / their foundation in God?
Not specifically that I remember though I have a feeling it's the little everyday praying together and living together that counts. I do want to be conscious about it.

3. Have we done something to strengthen their bodies?
Dad and girl went for a walk collecting leaves and seed pods last night while I voted. Again, it might be a bit of a stretch.

4. Have we done something to strengthen their emotional self?
Play skills and cooperation are definitely getting stronger. So proud of herself when she worked together with a friend to right the large pirate ship toy that had been blown over by the wind. Problem solving also came into play when deciding whether to continue a game or come help in the garden. She came up with a really cool solution on her own!

5. Have we done something to strengthen our family bond(s)?
We're still living together. :) Somedays I think that's the best we can do. We struggle and stick together anyway.

Don't forget to enter the drawing for a $5 gift card. Winners will be chosen this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment