"The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world."

Friday, November 12, 2010

11 November

The fall weather is spoiling us, and we're still in tshirts here by afternoon, a rarity for this time of year. Most days lately have been lots of free play outside, and little of anything else. When I start to wonder if I'm doing enough I picture the snowy days ahead. This certainly will not last! Yesterday was a "day off" for us, meaning it was just the girl and I and we had lots of fun.

1. Have we done something to strengthen their minds / intellect?
We're doing Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons after strong recommendations from friends. The first lessons are so basic that we are fighting boredom, but I'm trying to stick with the system and get through it. Thankfully they are short! We also did a couple of math pages while I cooked last night.

2. Have we done something to strength their sprit / faith / their foundation in God?
Trying to remember that I want to start on The Lord's Prayer at lunch times, maybe if I type it in here I will remember. Lunch time is crazy!

3. Have we done something to strengthen their bodies?
Yes, and mine! :) Our museum had a big "Ant World" where you can climb and crawl and explore. I might not have thought it was as much big muscle activity if I hadn't tried it myself.

4. Have we done something to strengthen their emotional self?
We've stuck with our tea time routine! Yesterday also included making a new friend at the museum, R. had gotten so good at this that it's hard to remember that it was such a weakness a year and a half ago, and a special lunch for just the two of us. How can hummus NOT be good for your emotional self?? ;)

5. Have we done something to strengthen our family bond(s)?
I think just taking the whole day together was priceless. Daddy brought home ice cream and root beer for the official 4.5 bday celebration. There was just so much togetherness packed into one day. It was very good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment