"The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world."

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Special Needs Moms Cry.

This journey has a steep learning curve. And there's no waiting to learn, no
pause button to hit while we figure this out. Last week my realization was "Special needs moms spend a whole lot of time on the phone." This week it's simply "Special needs moms cry." Not often --right now, honestly, I just don't have time to cry. But sometimes it all comes pouring out.

I added a tag line to the bottom of the page. "This blog wasn't supposed to be about sensory issues and special needs. But it is." My life, my daughter's life, wasn't supposed to be about those things. She is brilliant! She's more alive than anyone else I've ever met. But some days, some seasons I guess, it is going to be about those things. And my job is to do everything in my power to fight and advocate for her. And my job is also to not let it be about those things at all. She is four, and it's a sunny day. She is so much more than the things that challenge her.

And I just added two new labels to this post that I have never used before - "sensory issues" and "special needs". Yup, special needs moms cry.

Welcome to this crazy journey we found ourselves on.

2 comments:

  1. She's so precious. And I'm really glad that I got to see the two of you interact in person, because it was so clear that you two have such a special connection. I can see such a good fit between the two of you, something that I know is so important as you deal with new challenges.

    But just huge hugs as you process this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. (hug)

    I find for me, that it's more the little, every day things that hit me more than big picture things.

    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete